Backstreet Boys discography | Backstreet Boys song list
Backstreet Boys discography highlights
- Backstreet Boys was formed in Orlando, United States in 1993. The band consists of vocalists Kevin Richardson, Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, A. J. McLean and Brian Littrell. Originally, the band was a trio consisting of Dorough, McLeand and Littrell, but soon became a four member group, when Richardson joined in.The name of the band was taken from the name of a place called "Backstreet Market" in Orlando.
- Backstreet Boys released their self-titled debut album in May 1996 via Jive Records. "We've Got It Goin' On" published in 5th of September 1995 was the first single released from the album. "Backstreet Boys" reached the number one spot of the album charts in Austria, Canada, Germany and Switzerland. Over ten million copies of the album have been sold so far around the world.
- The third studio album of Backstreet Boys, "Millennium" was released in through Jive Records in May 1999 and it was the band first number one album in the United States. "I Want It That Way" was the first single released from the album. "Millennium" album have sold over 30 million units globally and in the United States, the album has been certified 13 times platinum. "Millennium" reached the number one placement in the album charts of the United States, Austria, Canada, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland.
- "Black & Blue", the fourth studio recording of Backstreet Boys was released in November 2000 by Jive Records. "Shape of My Heart", "The Call" and "More Than That" were the tracks released as singles. The album reached the top position on the album charts of eight countries including the United States and Germany. Over 24 million units of the album have been sold wordwide and in the US, "Black & Blue" have been certified eight times platinum album.
- In October 2007, the sixth part of the Backstreet Boys discography was released and it was called "Unbreakable". Album sold over 80,000 copies in the US on its first week, but still it has not been near as successful commercially as the band's previous albums. "Unbreakable" broke into the top ten of album charts in seven countries and in Japan, it has been certified platinum.
- "This Is Us", released in 30th of September, 2009 is the seventh studio recording of Backstreet Boys. By debuting in top ten of US Album chart, Backstreet Boys became the first artist since Sade, to reach the top ten with their first seven albums. Thoug peaking at number nine on the charts, the album have only sold somewhat over 100,000 copies in the US. The tracks "Straight to My Heart" and "Bigger" were released as singles.