The Weeknd discography highlights:
- Abel Tesfaye is the singer behind the stage name The Weeknd. He was born at Scarborough, Ontario, Canada in February 16th, 1990.
- The first time wider audience heard about Tesfaye was in late 2010, when he uploaded three songs in to internet video service YouTube. The songs were "The Morning", "Loft Music" and "What You Need".
- The debut album of The Weeknd was actually a mixtape and it was released in March 2011 and was called "House of Balloons". The album was released under The Weeknd's own record label OVOXO. As producers on the album were featured Doc McKinney, Illangelo and Zodiac. Pitchwork.com website gave its "Best New Music" award to "House of Balloons" album. The album is the first part of an album trilogy.
- "Thursday" is the second part of The Weeknd's album trilogy and it was released in August 2011. As well as its predecessor "House of Balloons" was released under the own label of The Weeknd called OVOXO. Don McKinney and Illangelo produced the album. On the track called "The Zone", Canadian rapper Drake is featured as co-vocalist. Show more
- Both two mixtapes of the trilogy are only released as digital downloads.