U2 discography | U2 song list
U2 discography highlights
- U2 was formed in Dublin, Ireland in the 25th of September, 1976. The original, and current lineup of the band consists of vocalist Paul Hewson, alias Bono, guitarist David Evans, alias The Edge, bassist Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen, Jr.
- U2 released their debut studio album "Boy" through Island Records in October 1980. Steve Lillywhite produced the album. "A Day Without Me" and "I Will Follow" were the tracks released as singles. "Boy" reached the album charts in Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States peaking at number 12, 52 and 63 respectively. In Canada and the United States, "Boy" have been given platinum certification.
- "October", released in the 12th of October 1981, is the second piece of the U2 discography. Steve Lillywhite continued as the producer. Two tracks were released as singles from the album. They were "Fire" and "Gloria". "October" gained its best chart position in New Zealand, where it peaked at number six on the album list. As its predecessor, "October" was certified platinum album in the United States and Canada.
- The third studio album of U2 was called "War" and it was released by Island Records in February 1983. "War" was the first number one album for U2 in the United Kingdom. It reached the top five of album charts in Canada, France, the Netherlands and Sweden as well. "New Year''s Day", "Two Hearts Beats As One" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" were the tracks released as singles. "War" have been certified four times platinum album in the United States.
- "Joshua Tree", the fifth studio recording of U2 was their worldwide breakthrough album. Released in March 1987, the album has sold over 25 million units globally. "Joshua Tree" topped at the album charts in nine countries including Austria, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States. Both in the US and Canada, "Joshua Tree" have been certified diamond album.
- The seventh studio album of U2 was relesed in November 1991, and it was called "Achtung Baby". Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois produced the album. Five tracks of the album were released as singles including "One" and "Even Better Than the Real Thing". Over 18 million copies of the album have been sold worldwide and in the United States, it has been given eight times platinum certification.
- In October 2000, U2 released their tenth studio recording "All That You Can''t Leave Behind" through Island and Interscope Records. "Beautiful Day" and "Stuck in A Moment You Can''t Get Out Of" were the first singles released. The album reached the top position of the album charts in six countries including Ireland and Finland.
- The 12th studio recording of U2 was released by Mercury, Island and Interscope Records in the 27th of February 2009 and the album was called "No Line on the Horizon". "Get on Your Boots", "Magnificent" and "I''ll Go Crazy If I Don''t Go Crazy Tonight" were the songs published as singles from the recording. "No Line on the Horizon" reached the first position of the album lists in 22 countries. In addition to this, it peaked at number two and eight in Sweden and Greece respectively.